During the 2015 Pride week, a wide variety of events will be held. Our primary goal is to reach out to the LBGTQ population, offering encouragement, friendship, safety and support. We hope to involve the whole community, including friends, families, allies, embracing our wonderfully diverse population.
A major focus of the week will be the Parade and Pride in the Park on Saturday, June 13.
Early and tentative plans for this year are listed below.
This page will be updated as details for 2015 events become available.
FLAG-RAISING and MEDIA KICK OFF - Tuesday, June 2
- Flag raising and media launch - Tuesday, June 2 at 10:00 am - City Hall
- This will be the official kick-off of Thunder Pride 2015.
- Everyone is welcome to come out to City Hall and be a part of the festivities.
OPENING CEREMONIES AND SMUDGE - Sunday, June 7
- 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.- Provincial Room Prince Arthur Hotel 17 North Cumberland St.
- Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 7 PM - Free of charge! Family Event.
- At the Thunder Bay Art Gallery -1080 Keewatin Street (confederation College grounds)
- Join us for an author reading with Vancouver-based writer Amber Dawn, author of the award-winning memoir How Poetry Saved My Life: A Hustler's Memoir. She is the author of the Lambda Award-winning novel Sub Rosa, and editor of the anthologies Fist of the Spider Women: Fear and Queer Desire and With A Rough Tongue. Amber Dawn was 2012 winner of the Writers' Trust of Canada Dayne Ogilvie Prize for LGBT writers. She currently teaches creative writing at Douglas College and the University of British Columbia. Local queer writers - and the winners of the third annual Youth Writing Competition - will round out the evening's entertainment!
- Childcare and programming is available! Parents and guardians can enjoy the readings while children have their own special event.
- Confederation College Lecture Theatre (Room 351)
- Polish Hall, 102 S. Court Street
- Black Pirate Pub
FIFTH ANNUAL PRIDE AWARENESS BREAKFAST - Monday, June 8
PRIDE LITERARY NIGHT - Tuesday, June 9
NIGHT OF HEALING - Wednesday, June 10
FILM NIGHT - Thursday, June 11
THUNDER PRIDE DRAG EXTRAVAGANZA - Friday, June 12
PRIDE PARADE/PRIDE in the PARK Music Festival - Saturday, June 13
PUB NIGHT DJ DANCE PARTY - Saturday, June 13
CHURCH SERVICE - Sunday, June 14